Thursday, May 30, 2019


Historians Connecting to Social Media:

On the Right hand side of my blog, underneath my personal story, you will see that I have added a few history pages that I follow daily:

1. Ask Historians
https://www.facebook.com/pg/askhistorians/about/?ref=page_internal

Ask Historians is a community of professional and independent historians who answer the public's questions in an "academically satisfying yet accessible fashion" to please its audiences. They have around 4,000 people following them and these geniuses know how to keep history entertaining so anyone could follow them! Take a peak!

2. BBC Archive
https://www.facebook.com/BBCArchive

The BBC Archive takes you down memory lane by displaying its collective past by discovering themed collections as far back to the 1930s! Their Facebook page displays different collections of radio and TV, documents, and photographs of literally everything and anything. I found their Facebook page interesting because they have a segment everyday called "Today in history.." where they will discuss a photo or newspaper article from the current date back to the 1930s!

Extra Credit:

1. journey_into_the_past (Instagram Account)

I am seriously obsessed with my Instagram account and following my friends and other local historians in the area. In this particular account, she is both my fellow friend and local historian, Sarah! She blogs about all museums and historic sites that she has visited and discusses the historical context within each property. Definitely worth checking out!

 



1 comment: