Friday, June 14, 2019

Project Proposal

 As for my final project for HIS 218, I want to add the Brentsville Courthouse Historic Center to the Google Institute non-profit project for Google Arts & Culture. As I discussed in the previous post, the Google Museum Project has created over 2500 museums into one online platform for anyone, anywhere for individuals to see the museum's collections entirely online. As for Brentsville, it is the least visited site for historic centers in Prince William County, VA. I believe if I am able to have Brentsville live and display some of the collections online, this could potentially bring more visitors to the site to gather more funds. I would be able to use the Brentsville's historical database to gather some collections to display as well as photos to post on the Google platform. The Google platform to display museums created a very easy way to use their tools to help bring any historical place come to life through the web! I would upload the five main buildings on the site and a few small collections, however, some of the buildings, I will give some more information and a little more historical context. Wish me luck!       

No comments:

Post a Comment